This week Joey had a nice string for us, plus three tangles. One of them was Drogon, which I tried in my notebook a few weeks ago. I always thought it would make a good border for a tile. In the following photo you see the border before I blackened the orbs. You can see the string inside the border.
I needed to practice the corner in my notebook to get it right before starting the tile. The square was a line to help me to get the border in the right place. Drawing all those orbs and lines was very relaxing.
Then there was Dicso, which is a very clever use of dot, i, c, s, o, the basic strokes of Zentangle. Third was Mssst, which I haven’t used very often, but like it, because it is a good background tangle, or when I need something simple and/or fast. After finishing the border I started with Phicops, which I put in the first circle. Dicso came next to it, but it would grow over the string. So I just filled the rest of the space with Mssst. (Never know how many sses to type in the name Here is the tile before shading (sorry for not having the same orientation on the photo):
And after shading:
As you see I used the string, but it is no longer very visible.
This was so much fun! Thanks Joey for a wonderful challenge.