Feb 132007
 

For English version please scroll down

sind die Seglersocken:

Das Foto ist grottenschlecht, deshalb sehr stark bearbeitet worden, aber ich denke, man sieht, worum es geht: Socken in Marineblau mit 3/1-gerippten Schäften und farbigen Ringeln im Bund, außerdem einer farblich passenden Ferse und Spitze. Die Anregung stammt aus dem “Ultimativen Sockenbuch” von Klöpper/Schoen. Wie gesagt, die Anregung stammt daher. Ich habe weder die verkürzte Ferse noch einen glatt rechts gestrickten Schaft noch eine einseitige Fußspitze gestrickt.

Auf dem Bild im Buch sieht man, warum ich die verkürzte Ferse nicht mag: die Maschen-„Spalten“ (also nicht Reihen) auf dem Rist spreizen sich sehr, ziehen sich zu stark auseinander, d. h. letztlich sitzt diese Ferse nicht besonders gut. Zumindest nicht, wenn man sie über die Hälfte der Maschen strickt, wie in den meisten Büchern angegeben.

Hier noch die technischen Daten:

  • Seglersocken für den Mann meiner Freundin Sabine in Gr. 41, seines Zeichens leidenschaftlicher Segler
  • Projekt Spektrum
  • Gestrickt aus 72 g Regia in marine (Fb. 324) und grasgrün (Fb. 2082) und Opal Uni in Rot (Fb. 1410)
  • mit grauen Nadeln 3 mm Stärke und 15 cm lang
  • Bündchen 2/2 Rippen mit 8 R marine, 3 Kontrastfarbe, 3 Marine, 3 Farbe, 8 Marine, dann in 3/1 Rippen in Marine, Ferse verstärkt und Herzchenferse, Bandspitze im Maschenstich geschlossen, Anregung aus dem “Ultimativen Sockenbuch” von Klöpper/Schoen
  • angefangen: 29.01.2007, fertig gestellt: 10.02.2007

These sailor socks were finished Sunday night. I knit them for a friend’s husband. The photo isn’t one of my best, but right now there is seldom enough light to make a photo without a flash. This *is* without flash, but had to be heavily edited. Being navy blue the socks are part of the Project Spectrum for February/March.

I got the idea from the German book „Das Ultimative Sockenbuch“ von Klöpper/Schoen, which has quite some nice sock ideas. I followed the pattern only in the number of rows for the stripes at the top, and the general idea of red/green heels and toes. I used a 3/1-ribbing for the leg, a heel flap in heel stitch, a round heel and a wedge toe done with decreases taken from the Regia Sock Knitting Table (that is: after the first decrease row, do a decrease row in the 4th, 2 times in every 3rd, 3 times in every other row. From then decrease every row, until you have 16 stitches left). I always close my toes at 16 stitches using Kitchener Stitch. The book tells you to do a short row heel, a stockinette stitch leg, and an asymmetrical foot formed toe. I tried the toe, but found it horrible looking and difficult to make it really fit. Nice idea, but not practical.

This is the technical data:

  • Sailor Socks German shoe size 41, for the hubby of a friend who loves sailing
  • Project Spectrum
  • Knit from 72 g Regia in navy (Col. No. 324) and green (Col. No 2082) and Opal Uni in red (Col. No. 1410)
  • Using grey 3 mm needles 15 cm long
  • Ribbing 2/2, 8 rows navy, 3 rows contrasting color, 3 navy, 3 color, 8 navy, then 3/1 Ribbing in navy, round heel with heel stitch in color, foot in navy, wedge toe in color closed using Kitchener Stitch, idea from “Das Ultimative Sockenbuch” by Klöpper/Schoen
  • started 29.01.2007, finished: 10.02.2007

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.