Alphabet Challenge plus more

 Kunst  Kommentare deaktiviert für Alphabet Challenge plus more
Jun 282016
 

I love challenges, and this week I’m doing Diane & Carolien’s Alphabet Challenge for the first time. I’m doing the one for next week, they are announcing them early. They challenge us to use tangles with the letters R-V-I.

Looking through several sources, I found the pattern Roundabout. Then I was looking for something to do with the ribbons of this tangle, so that the ends wouldn’t end too unmotivated. Vanity was ideal for that. Then I needed something with I, and I chose Indirella, because I haven’t yet used it in a tile.

Roundabout-m-1606.

The second work I’d like to share was drawn during watching (or more listening) to the Soccer (british = football) European Championship on Sunday. I had copied a few patterns to my notebook, and decided it was time to give Golven a central place on a page of my new notebook. Unfortunately the paper is not the best for the micron pens, it is sucking up the color, and producing blotches if you are not fast enough. But this was a real fun project, I hadn’t anything planned except that Golven had to be the central tangle. Then I decided on Printemps, an old favourite of mine, but after a while thought that there needed to be a secondary focus. I remembered I had wanted to try squid for quite some time, so I put one above, the other below Golven. The last decision was for Pyramids, which is great to fill some space with something light, and still dimensional. I really took my time, and enjoyed every bit.

Golven-m-1606

Jun 202016
 

(Deutscher Text unter den Bildern)

Sorry I haven’t participated much lately, lots going on in my life right now. Most of the time I did one or two challenges, but never had the time and/or power to publish these here.

I made 2 tiles combining Diva’s and Joey’s challenges for the respective weeks. This wasn’t planned, it was just how the tiles developed.

This is week 24 (so last week), Diva’s Challenge 271, and Joey’s Challenge 117. Diva asked us to draw „Beads of Courage“. I hadn’t decided on how to proceed with this when I looked at Joey’s challenge. She gave us a circular string, and the pattern Socc. When I looked at the pattern, I saw that the artist had more patterns, and looked through them. I saw the pattern Mushnik, which for me looked like beads. So I thought I could use this for the Diva, and then I thought why not combine everything in one tile. Here’s what I came up with.

Diva 271 & Joey 117

Leider habe ich in letzter Zeit nichts veröffentlicht, mein Leben hat einfach nicht mehr zugelassen in letzter Zeit. Ich habe einen bis zwei Challenges in der Woche gezeichnet, aber fürs Veröffentlichen hatte ich entweder nicht die Zeit oder die Kraft.

Ich habe diesmal zwei Kacheln zu zeigen, bei denen ich die Diva- und Joey-Challenges der jeweiligen Woche kombiniert habe. Das habe ich nicht geplant, es hat sich einfach ergeben.

Dies hier ist Woche 24 (also letzte Woche), Diva Challenge 271 und Joey’s Challenge 117. Divas Augabe bestand darin, „Beads of Courage“ (Mutperlen) zu zeichnen. Ich wusste noch nicht, was ich für diese Challenge machen sollte, als ich mir Joey’s Challenge angeschaut habe. Sie hatte für uns einen kreisförmigen Faden (ihre neue Serie), und das Muster Socc. Als ich dieses Muster nachgesehen habe, fiel mir auf, dass die Künstlerin noch mehr Muster auf ihrer Seite veröffentlicht hat. Ich sah das Muster Mushnik, das meiner Meinung nach wie Perlen aussieht. Ich dachte, das könnte man für die Diva-Challenge brauchen. Und dann dachte ich mir, warum kombiniere ich nicht alles? Daraus wurde obige Kachel.


And this is week 25 (this week), Diva Challenge 272, and Joey’s Challenge 118. These were easy to combine, as the Diva asked us just to use red and have fun (happy to oblige ;), and Joey gave us a string, the pattern Maryhill and the challenge to not use the pattern in the center circle of the string. Because Maryhill can be used on any grid, not just in a circle, this was easy to do, too. Threw in Diamond Drops (happened to see it on the top bar of tanglepatterns.com, and had not tried it before), and E’rutats (new on the same page), both lovely borders. So here it is:

Diva 272 & Joey 118

Das hier ist Woche 25 (diese Woche), Diva Challenge 272, und Joey’s Challenge 118. Es war leicht, diese beiden zu kombinieren, denn die Diva wollte nur, dass wir rot verwenden und Spaß haben (gerne doch! ;), und Joey hatte für uns einen Faden, das Muster Maryhill und die Herausforderung, das Muster nicht im Mittelkreis zu verwenden. Weil man Maryhill auf verschiedenen Rastern verwenden kann, und nicht nur im Kreis, waren auch diese Bedingungen leicht zu erfüllen. Ich habe noch Diamond Drops verwendet (das ich „zufällig“ auf tanglepatterns.com gesehen hatte, und das ich bisher noch nicht gezeichnet hatte), und E’rutats (neu von der gleichen Seite), beides wunderschöne Bordürenmuster. Und die Kachel oben ist dabei herausgekommen.