The Diva had us draw only straight lines. Ok, this is not something I’m good at. I love curved patterns, and my curves look so much better than my straight lines. So it was a real challenge to just use patterns with straight lines. I started with a string which was also straight lines. Well, as straight as I can get them… I also „knew“ or thought I knew which pattern would go where, that’s the words in there. I’m forgetful sometimes, and I didn’t want to forget them, so I just put the names in with pencil.
For the first three tangles I followed my plans as laid out. I first used Ovy (straightened), which I found via the top spread of patterns on tanglepatterns.com, and thought it would be fun to straighten this. Then came Hibred (which I tried for the first time in one of my notebooks yesterday), but when I was finished with Flukes in the center bottom it wanted to grow further behind the other two. So I ditched my well laid plans for the other spaces, and just went for it. The rest of the space wanted some playfulness, and I used Aaah! It needed a bit of an adaption to make it conform to straightness. It was my first use of Ovy, but I practiced in my sketchbook first. Which was good, because I first wanted to use black squares, and then tried black triangles, which I liked much more. This was so much fun, and very relaxing, so thank you, Diva, for this challenge!