This is my take on The Diva’s challenge no. 281. She asked us to use Ing in a tangle. Yesterday I had an idea. It was not the usual relaxed tangling, but I wanted to make a loop with Ing, and that needed some planning. I did two tiles that didn’t look like I wanted to, and then I tangled the end version into a notebook. The notebook has good paper, especially for shading with graphite. I wanted to do another study and then do a final version on a tile. But this one worked very well, so this is the finished version. I added a band of Meer, and doing all the lines of it was the most relaxing part. The shading of Ing was also relaxing, I just went triangle by triangle, and really took my time.
Here is the linework to show the difference some graphite makes:
The dot on the top of the page helped me to keep the direction of light consistent. I drew lots of help lines and some dots to draw this, but I erased most of them. I needed them to get Ing curl the way I wanted and to get the over/under structure to work correctly. The construction part was more work than fun, but all the rest was lots of fun!